Worker misclassification continues to be an ongoing problem throughout the country. The effect of this has its greatest impact on low wage earners. By virtue of being misclassified as independent contractors, as opposed to employees, such workers do not have legal protections of employees, such as minimum wage and overtime protection or unemployment and worker’s compensation coverage. CONTINUE READING...
Category Archives: Business
- Federal Contractors Beware – New Paid Sick Leave Requirements
- The Government Agency Clash On Whether “Because of Sex” Includes “Sexual Orientation”
- Mandatory Post-Accident Drug Testing Policies May Run Afoul of New OSHA Rule
- OMB Halts EEO-1 Pay Reporting Requirements
- Top Five Curveballs to Look Out For When Dealing with the FMLA