The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) conducts hundreds of audits of 401(k) and other employee qualified retirement benefit plans each year. Audits can result from participant complaints, inter-agency referrals, responses contained in the plan’s Form 5500 or from the random selection of the plan for audit. CONTINUE READING...
Author Archives: Steven K. Barber
- Federal Contractors Beware – New Paid Sick Leave Requirements
- OMB Halts EEO-1 Pay Reporting Requirements
- Top Five Curveballs to Look Out For When Dealing with the FMLA
- Mandatory Post-Accident Drug Testing Policies May Run Afoul of New OSHA Rule
- The Government Agency Clash On Whether “Because of Sex” Includes “Sexual Orientation”