About a decade ago plaintiffs’ employment lawyers discovered the plaintiff-friendly attorneys’ fee provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). As a result, overtime pay suits by private lawyers went from almost none to very numerous -- and with very costly consequences for employers. CONTINUE READING...
Author Archives: Charles Robinson Fawsett
- Federal Contractors Beware – New Paid Sick Leave Requirements
- Mandatory Post-Accident Drug Testing Policies May Run Afoul of New OSHA Rule
- The Government Agency Clash On Whether “Because of Sex” Includes “Sexual Orientation”
- OMB Halts EEO-1 Pay Reporting Requirements
- Top Five Curveballs to Look Out For When Dealing with the FMLA